School Ski Trips for UK Schools
Starting to think about your 2021/2022 School Ski Trip?
So are we - but there are still concerns. What will be the situation over Covid-19, will unrestricted travel have returned, what is going to be the impact on exchange rates and travel and insurance and the EHIC once Brexit is sorted out? We are living through very uncertain times with lots of questions and very few answers.
Personally I do not think we are going to have answers to these questions for some months yet however it is looking increasingly likely that we will at least be able to travel again so perhaps we can start the ball rolling in anticipation that school ski trips can once again be organised for the winter of 2021/2022.
No year group missing out
There is also another issue that I can see coming down the line.
Many of our schools run an annual ski trip with a particular year group being offered the opportunity to travel, however many schools are not running their ski trip this coming winter so that particular year group has missed out. Several schools have already been in touch looking to organise two ski trips for winter 2021/2022, one for the year group that missed out and one for the next year group coming through. This is potentially great news for ourselves but could put a bit of a strain on availability, so I would be grateful if you could let me have your thoughts as soon as is convenient.
I hope you are keeping body and soul and mind together during these tricky times, it cannot be easy being a school teacher at the moment.
Travelling on a school ski trip is an expensive experience and for many, having the option to pay for the trip over 12 months makes this experience much more affordable. Pre-Covid parents would book their child on the school ski trip and then make monthly payments by standing order to The Ski Company to cover the trip cost. However until the pandemic is consigned to history we are going to split this process - what do I mean by this?
As before, schools can decide on a destination and a departure date and students can then be invited to start saving towards the cost of the proposed school ski trip, however they will not be booking onto this trip, they will just be saving towards the cost of the trip. At some stage in the future, when the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office change their advice on travel and when it is clear that residential school ski trips can resume, parents will then be offered the opportunity to formally book their child onto the school ski trip.
If at any stage and for any reason before formally booking their child onto the school ski trip, parents can stop saving towards the cost of the proposed school ski trip and have the monies already saved returned in full.
I believe that this approach will allow the schools to plan, allow the parents to save, safe in the knowledge that should their financial situation change during the saving period then they will get all their saved monies back.
with a company you can trust